Do your kids have an imaginary friend? How do you deal with it?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My nephew, who's 8-years-old, has an imaginary friend. He even went as far as to name him! Personally, since he's not my son, I can't say how I "deal with it"; but his mother seems to think it's no big issue. I think it's perfectly normal for kids to create invisible companions, and I think it's just an outlet for them to express their creativity. If you're concerned that your child may be unusual for inventing an imaginary friend, this article from Psychology today might help! It'll keep you at ease and help you foster your kid's imagination: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/growing-friendships/201301/imaginary-friends

Magbasa pa

My 3-year old son does. He would label the imaginary friend as 'little girl.' At first he used to talk to the little girl every time he takes a bath, but now the little girl is almost everywhere in the house. haha I find it amazing how he's able to make up stories about this little girl, and looks like he's really having fun.

Magbasa pa

Yes! My son used to have 1 imaginary friend and now he's got 10 more. haha It was a bit scary at first but later on, I just let him be. I actually enjoy that his creativity is stimulated as he is very good in creating conversations among his friends and he's also fond of telling stories about them.

Wala naman. Kung meron man, i will tell them it's not true and will have to help him/her get past the stage of imagining things.

Yes, one 'American' and one 'Filipino'