yaolan

hi all. Is yaolan advisable for babies ????? as im confused whether to get or dont get. Some of my relative say dont get , some say is a MUST to get...... :/

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

People find it useful because the rocking motion and snug space is comforting for babies so they sleep more easily. But there are also dangers of suffocation/falling, and it’s commonly said by other mums that it’s difficult to transition baby to their own cot later on too. I struggled a lot with my baby’s sleep initially, but I personally felt I couldn’t risk my baby’s life with the yaolan, so I chose not to buy it. Used other methods to put baby to sleep and also sleep trained her, so now things are much better and I have no regrets regarding my decision:)

Read more

I never use yaolan,my baby co sleep with me for the first 4 months, then he sleeps in his cot...If u are going for a holiday or sleepover,u will have a hard time rocking your LO without a yaolan..and baby won't use to it. Tats wat i felt ,since I sleepover at my mum/mil place once a month..can't be buying 3 yaolan and placed 1 at each home😄😂

Read more
VIP Member

Up to u. My LO sometimes sleep in it, sometimes doesn't. I also seldom use it as I didn't want him to form a habit. It has now become a white elephant in my house 😅

VIP Member

Its up to you. I bought it cos it was my last resort to make baby sleep but i don't use on daily basis and seldom use it as i don't want it to be a habit. 😊

I used it for my children and no problem put them to bed when transited to cot at later stage. For safety (I am kia si type), I put a big cushion under it.

Super Mum

I never used, baby slept in cot for the first 6 months and then co-slept with us til now. Never experienced much problem with sleep :)

VIP Member

Up to individual i guess, i let my baby sleep on yaolan during night times, day time would either be on the bed or rocker .

it’s not a must, but it can help. just that need to supervise for safety

TapFluencer

It's a useful tool to let baby sleep longer and you can rest too.

VIP Member

Great tool but have to use with supervision.