Will you still want to have another child when you are already in your 40s?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think there are many factors to consider. For instance, there will be risks. Pregnancy after 40s is commonly associated with higher risks of miscarriage and birth defects. One has to be relatively healthy and fit. Also, there must be some planning on how to care for the newborn etc. When one is in her 60s, the child will able around (or approaching) 20s. That being said, at 40, one is probably wiser and probably more secure financially. In all, I think it will be dependent on whether or not circumstances allow, and how the rest of the family feels about it.

Read more

Depends on many factors like health, money, family conditions, spouse interest & support, Helpers or parents or in-laws r ready to help or not. Personally I want to complete all my responsibilities before 50 & after that want to relax with cool job & family. Having a child in 40s means, we must be busy & responsible for some more 20+ years i.e until our children got married right.. Personally I don't want. Will see how my life goes ??

Read more

If health and budget permits, why not? If you have the ability to take care or having helper to assist, felt that it is ok. More importantly is that both your husband and yourself wants another child. Financially stable is another factor. If you aren't, better don't as it may lead to more issues between husband and wife.

Read more

Practically speaking, maybe not. 40s isn't the prime time to conceive. Moms who bear a child at this age usually go through a hard journey and it may even affect the baby. Also, I plan early retirement so babies after 40 isn't really a good idea

I am 30 years old now and already have 3 kids. When I reach 40 years I will never want another child again as the age gap is too big. For me, I would like to spend more time with my husband instead and enjoy travelling around the world with him.

Guess age is not a issue. If health is fit for another child then it's not a issue. I feel it's the: -Financial issue is the concern. -Caregiver (If mommy intend to return back work)

Read more
VIP Member

no . Its quite risky and i afraid by the time i turn 40 , i will not be strong like now as will be really tiring to look after a baby after 40.

VIP Member

Don't think its the age - but it's whether I can afford it or not