My wife and I are thinking of adding a puppy to our family, but we're also expecting a newborn in the next few months. Does anyone have any tips and tricks on how to introduce a puppy to a newborn? Should we wait until our child is older before introducing the two?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

We introduced our baby to our dog when she was at least 2 months old I think. By that, I mean, we allowed them to be in the same space together. We only allowed them to play together when she could walk already. One tip is actually to introduce your baby to your dog by letting him sniff baby's clothes -- just to know that there's a new person in the house and that's the reason why he's getting less attention. You might find this helpful: https://ph.theasianparent.com/babies_and_pets_can_they_co_exist/

Magbasa pa

For newborns, it's not always a good idea to have a puppy right away, since some puppies might have parasites or diseases that can affect your newborn. Usually the best time to introduce a pet would be 6-8 years old, since you can also teach the responsibility to your child. But if you really want a dog soon, then you should train it to behave around your baby, especially since puppies can get a little rough when they're playing.

Magbasa pa