Laughing gas or Epidural?

Which one is safer?

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took epidural for both my labour because i don’t have a good pain threshold. I did try laughing gas too, it made me so high. Try what works best for you.

VIP Member

I used both n they are safe.. Just that laughing gas only worked for maybe early part of labour for me..when it got too intensed i used epi

Both are safe. Just that epidural will numb the pain. Laughing gas didn't work for me. The feeling made me nausea

Super Mum

Laughing gas has lower risk of side effects but both are usually safe, and epidural usually works a lot better

VIP Member

Laughing gas is safer but less effective than epidural. Again it depends on ur pain tolerance level as well.

VIP Member

Only Epidural worked for me, laughing gas had zero effect on me (but ultimately it depends on individual)

Super Mum

I took the jap on the leg and laughing gas till too high to even rmmbr how i get to my ward 😂

5y ago

Its to tahan the pain also. But ofc lesser effect than epidural. U can take the jap on leg and u will feel numb + sleepy. But depands on individual.

VIP Member

I don't think you can choose, later when u cannot tahan, you will beg for epidural

Epidural instant pain relief, works well. Laughing gas didn’t help much for me..

I think both are fine but what works really depends on the individual