C sec procedure

I will b doing c sec for my first baby. May I know who has undergo before and how is it like? Are you conscious awake throughout the operation? Do you feel anything and any laughing gas or epidural?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

You can either be awake or asleep during C-section, but it's safer and under normal circumstances you will most likely be awake. Anaesthesia is injected to your spine (epidural) to numb you from the waist down, so you can't feel or move your legs. It's a funny feeling like your legs are super heavy. They gave me laughing gas when they wanted to put in the catheter but it didn't do anything for me and it was a bit painful 😅. I felt a little nauseous and was shaking my whole body incontrollably, all the way until the operation is over for a while. It was really quick though, I didn't even know if they already cut me open or not (I didn't feel anything, only some stretching on my skin) and already heard my baby cry. So the process itself was a breeze, recovery is a different story :)

Read more
4y ago

Sounds a bit scare. Cos I hate nauseous feeling. And I know epidural will have this side effect. But shaking uncontrollable is it the side effect of the anaesthesia or epidural? Sound quite uncomfortable feeling although u dun have much pain. But one of my frd say she can even talk to doc and dun feel anything.