Laughing Gas or Epidural

hi mummies, any mummies rely on laughing gas only ? or epidural. Any recommendations? I heard after doc burst your water bag, contraction will be much more worst.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tried both for first pregnancy. Gas doesn't work for me and hence, makes me dizzy & sleepy. Epidural does work for me but it depends on individual. Some people, epidural don't work and ended with emergency C section. Epidural will have side effect after labour for some will be back pain esp if you don't maintain good posture, carrying baby for long, carrying heavy load. When you take epidural during the labour, you will have side effect like fever, rashes, etc. Yes, contractions will slowly kick in when doctor start to break your waterbag. End day it is your choice. Read up about it more and you can make the best decision for your body and baby.

Read more

I tried both. Laughing gas didn’t work for me. It makes u feel high in very short time and it doesn’t last long. When ur contraction get more frequently and last longer, the gas just makes you feel more dizzy and the pain is still there. I asked for epidural since beginning but the anesthetic doctor is not contactable, I had to bear the pain for 1.5hr, cold sweat like almost faint. Lesson learnt, always ask for it asap. The doctor will do the set up first then you can inject medicine later. It took me 3 pokes to get to the correct spot. Be ready for it. But once the medicine kick in, you will feel like life saving. Your choice to consider

Read more
TapFluencer

Hi mummy. I had two natural births and I used the laughing gas during both labours. I almost gave up and wanted the epi, but I was scared of the side effects so I braved through the contractions and ended up with only the laughing gas eventhough it didn't help much. 😂 My friends who used epi, said it helped them through the contractions and they dilated faster. So it actually depends on individual. And yes, after doc burst your waterbag, the contractions are intense. Wishing you a safe delivery! 💐

Read more

Lauging gas didnt work at all for me aft i gave birth my 3rd. My 4th recently i use epidural and asked to be induced because the pain took so long to endure.. Dont think too much, give birth naturally and ask them for painkillers. Its best to experience it newly.

Epidural... Laughing gas only can last when you open 7cm.. Unless you really can take it the pain..