Epidural??

Epidural or natural birth with laughing gas???

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Epidural will actually be good if you have a low tolerance of pain and also you didn't want to suffer through the waiting. However it will cause a side effect as well after birth. Lots of mummies that used epidural did tell me that they are suffering from severe backache and it can't be cure. Natural definitely will be a better choice but only if you able to tolerate the paib throughout the waiting and delivery process. And laughing gas technically won't help to relieve pain. Obviously is a question to you that, you rather pain for that 10plus hours or long term suffer from backache. But it must depends on yourself and body whether you able to tolerate the pain because there are cases whereby some ppl couldn't tolerate the pain and pass on. Anyway good luck!

Read more
Super Mum

Laughing gas relieves only about 20% of the pain, so it depends on your pain tolerance. Also if you want wait and see whether to take epidural, u'll have to decide fast too. I used laughing gas and only asked for epidural when I couldnt take the pain, by then i couldnt sit upright for 30mins already because the contractions were moee frequent amd getting stronger, so they couldnt give me epidural. Also by then i was already 6cm dilated. I was in an 8-hour labour.

Read more
Super Mum

I’ve been through both for my 2 pregnancies. It’s really painful even with laughing gas. Haha. You do not laugh at all 😅 But it’s also not impossible. As for changing your mind halfway, they usually do not do the epidural for you once you are about 7cm dilated (there are exceptions).. so if you change your mind, you need to tell them before you’re too dilated.

Read more

Cannot last min ask for epi.. i was on laughing gas all the way and only decided to opt for epi but it was already too late since i cant take the pain anymore and i wont be able to sit up straight . For epi, you need to sit on edge of the bed and sit still for 30-45 min.

Depends on your pain tolerance, imagine an intense menstrual cramp. If low, just go for epidural. If still undecided and you want to try for going without any, u can decide for this on that day when the pain comes.

Thanks for your replies .btw if try to natural birth first last min can’t tolerate also can epidural right haha I heard alot of feedback too but it my first born so I still considering ☺️

4y ago

I decided on mine on that day when it happens and it wasn't that intense yet