Which one do you prefer for a natural cough remedy? Luya o Calamansi?

59 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Both. Once I had a very dry cough to the point na sobrang kati na sa throat di na ako makakatulog sa gabi. What I did was gumawa ako ng lemon-ginger-honey tea. As in effective talaga mommy. Niramihan ko ng ginger. It helped talaga, mga 15-20min ko lang na inom nakakatulog na ako. Honey and Ginger kasi are natural cough supressant and can sooth your scratchy throat. while lemon naman is rich in vit C and has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties. Iniinom ko yun morning and before going to bed para di ako magising dahil sa scratchy throat due to dry cough. Try it mommy.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Sometimes when my throat is too sore already from phlegm and coughing, I find the calamansi too sweet and syrupy down the throat. So I'd opt for ginger instead. I like the spiciness, it's soothing down the throat. They say you can chew a little piece like a lozenge, but I think that would taste too strong. I prefer to drink it as salabat tea.

Magbasa pa

Both! I love ginger or calamansi teas na home made. Feeling ko magaling ako agad pagkainom ko. LOL! But above all I guess the best thing do to when you're sick is to rest. Kasi it's our body's natural way to slow us down kasi too much na.

I prefer calamansi. Hindi talaga ako into ginger kasi hindi ko kaya ang lasa nya. Even if worse na ang ubo ko, I'd rather drink cough syrup.

Much better luya calamansi kasi which have vitamin C nakakapag trigger lalo ng sipon ehh madalas kapag inubo ka kasunod nyan ehh sisipunin

I tell you what, combine luya, calamansi at honey, drink it for 3 days and your coughing will be relieved.

I make ginger-calamansi tea. Both of them have the anti-bacterial properties so pwedeng pwede sa ubo.

Pagsamahin mo. Masarap sa lalamunan yung init ng luya. Pantanggal ng bara sa ilong.

Calamansi with pure honey yong ginawa ko noong sinisipon and inuubo

Calamansi, maligamgam na tubig, honey pang balance nung asim.