Which is the most child (6m-8 yrs) friendly airline?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Emirates and SQ both are excellent for flying with kids. I also fly Cathay Pacific often with my 6 year old, and have found it to be pretty good to. The service quality on three flights (when it comes to kids) is pretty similar. I don't really care about the freebies that the airlines hand out, as I have enough stuff for my kid. Depending on the age of your child, here are somethings that you should consider before selecting the airline: 1. Bassinet size/depth and availability. 2. Formula availability/milk reheating service. 3. Boarding Policy 4. Diaper bag/stroller allowance exclusion from luggage/carryon allowance. 5. Kids meals (menu) 6. Meal service online -- do the kids get their meals before you? 7. Entertainment available for kids - i usually look online to see what is on the in-flight entertainment. 8. Seat depth and pitch for you, especially if your baby is small and might be on your lap often. (SQ scores the highest of these three). Happy flying.

Read more

I would say Singapore Airlines! SQ is known for it's stellar service and amenities -- this extends to its child friendly qualities too. Their baby bassinets are one of the cosiest that I've seen and they offer a variety of kids meals that you can order in advance (kids meal, weaning meal etc). They give up really awesome kids activity packs and the inflight entertainment system is full of games and shows for children to keep them occupied throughout the flight. Moreover, I observe that not only do they serve kids meals first, they will also serve one parent earlier so that the other parent can eat his/her meal while the other tends to their child. I've also seen cabin crew entertain children during the lull period so that parents can get some reprieve.

Read more

Hands down, Emirates. Before take off, they come to each kid and make them feel comfy and welcome, handing out really cool-looking headphones, a backpack and writing set (seasonal changes in items given out). Their kids meals also taste good and are well-presented. We just took a long flight from Singapore to Zurich and my sons felt very 'important' and well taken care of. Recommend this to all families- if comfort and hospitality is on your must-have list, then go for Emirates!

Read more

From my experience, it has to be Emirates. My kids always feel welcome and they always serve the kids meal first unlike a few other airlines. The entertainment is great too. There's something for every age-group, and my kids have never been bored on even the long haul flights. They also love that they get little gifts every time they fly.

Read more

Whichever airline, I've found that it really pays to upgrade seat class. Whether premium economy or business class, the extra space, luggage allowance, proximity to restrooms, having a separate line at boarding, better service of flight crew, and access to lounge (for business class) all make for a better and easier flying experience.

Read more

Vote goes to Singapore Airlines. The staff are always welcoming, friendly and helpful. They have always tried to make the experience as comfortable and easy for me and my bub. Love it!

I vote for Singapore Airlines! The staff are very friendly and accomodationg. We always manage to get bassinet for our young baby. My elder kid also enjoy herself during the flight.

thank you ladies :)

Emirates.......