37 Replies

You got to check your company policy as well.. my company mandates that maternity leave must start at least a week before edd.. Other factors like clearing annual leave or you may want to take into consideration that you may have difficulty walking towards the end of the pregnancy. personally if i can, i will start maternity on the day i deliver my baby. hope this helps:)

You should work out an arrangement with your employer that suits both your needs. Actually I start maternity leave before 1week EDD.But I delivered earlier than my EDD.Then there is no choice .I start maternity leave at my baby birth date.

i started 2 weeks before my edd. but i used my annual leave to offset. returned to work on the 3rd mth and left the balance 1 mth for staggering.. i ended up working half day for another mth.

I was suppose to go to work on the morn I delivered. baby decided to come out 2 wks b4 edd. so my ML started from my delivery date. I think you can ask your gynae for HL 1 or 2 wks b4 ur edd

Okay! Thanks for the advice!

VIP Member

U can work out with your company and check it out from their policy. For me I start my maternity leave right after i give birth as thats the period i need more time to rest ☺

I was worked till the day of delivery. My girl decide to come out after weekend. If you feel you have to rest early, you may do so because every one body system is difference.

I started taking a few days before EDD. You can actually start on the day you deliver, those you took before delivery can request your gynae to give you hospitalization leave.

Got it. Thanks!

I worked till I had a baby... And leave for 6months and rest I can apply further 2months... M blessed with baby Boy my first child... It's just one month today

I clear my leave 2 weeks all at 1 go & maternity leave happened to start 1 day before giving birth as gynae was sure I will deliver before EDD due to my HBP.

U worked up untill I had him but I also had a placental abruption which pushed me in to early labor 7 weeks early but my leave started the day I had him

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles