Maternity leave

How do you plan your maternity leave? Is it taken at one shot? When do mummies start taking maternity leave from work?#pleasehelp #1stimemom

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My ML starts on the day of birth. I got HL 5 wks prior due to asthma so there was more than enough time to prep myself. If u're a private patient, try to ask for HL prior, some moms still get at least 1 or 2 wks. I took my ML 2 months straight and the additional EML flexibly such tt it only counts the working days and not wkends/PH so as to maximise it. I also took 2 months NPL as I wanted to be home with my baby for his first 6 months. Was really worth it as I cld see him through his many milestones frm rolling to crawling and standing while holding onto furniture now at 6+ months. I wish I cld extend but I want my income 😅

Read more

First 2 months (= 8weeks) is compulsory. (can take 1 month before your EDD, for me I took 2 weeks before my EDD, to prep myself for thedelivery of baby) Option 1 (2months continously) Option 2 (3months continously) so remaining 1 month you can slowing take.! don't forget will have childcare leave (6days)

Read more

mine was c sec on wed. I start taking on Monday. took for 15 weeks, and left 1 week for future. because I still have childcare leave, and I returned back to work on Nov, I have the luxury of clearing leaves

Super Mum

I started on delivery day and used at one go. You can request for 1 or 2 weeks of HL from gynae before your delivery date. Don't waste your maternity leave by starting it early.

Thank you all for your replies! It is nice knowing the different ways of using maternity leave.

My wife started her Maternity Leave on the day she delivered and taken at one shot.

I start only when i deliver since im working from home.. haha..

I’m planning to start ML 2 weeks prior to EDD, then take one shot

maximise it. I took ML fr bb birth date, 16 weeks straight.

VIP Member

I cleared my annual leave first then take ml :)