When should you stop being naked in front of your kids?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I have a daughter and I at times when in hurry change in front of her, but ask her to turn around or do not see me, close your eyes and stuff. All because, I have experienced that seeing me changing initially n front of her, she I don't know how became comfortable coming out of the washroom with her underpants down. I mean fun and all between us is fine, but I think children ape you, and I do not want her to ape me in this. She is small and may confuse getting undressed in front of anyone is fine. So, I think, because children are not mature to understand right and wrong regarding it, so we leave them more vulnerable if we are naked in front of them as they might think that other people's naked too is fine.

Read more

seeing you naked can sometimes trigger the wrong reaction in kids. for instance, if its a very young child, he or she will not be able to differentiate between seeing a parent naked and seeing a stranger naked. such situations can easily give rise to the child's safety, as he or she will not raise the alarm or inform someone if an adult is trying to take advantage and gets naked in front of them. i hope you understand what i am saying. on the other hand, undressing to a certain extent in front of your kids can make it easier for you to get to the body talk with your kids when they reach that age.

Read more

Hi I guess, kids psychology gets affected seeing you naked as being an adult your body is not something they may have seen and it can subconsciously kind of shock or bother them. They may have seen their cousins naked while being around in the home but seeing an adult naked can leave their mind troubled. And it will happen more if the kid is above 2 or he or she is observant and mentally quick learner

Read more

totally depends on what level of nakedness - full monty or something still on? in my case, i do change in front of my 10 and 4 year old girls, but they know that i wear the basics and they are okay about it. never had a weird moment yet. but i was never comfortable going completely naked in front of them, even when they were babies.

Read more