Do you ever fight in front of your kids?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think sometimes it is inevitable to have fights in front of the children. I personally feel that minor squabbles are fine but if the argument were to escalate into a yelling contest, it is best not to do it in front of the little ones. Children are very sensitive to their parents' moods and could be upset when they sense that their parents are not happy. Growing up, I don't recall witnessing any major fights between my parents. They always seemed in sync with each other or are always able to reach a compromise easily.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes, we bicker a lot. Our arguments are heated but we always make up by the end of the day. I agree that our moods adversely affect our children. She does cry if we are too loud and it affects our mood. It's inevitable and seems strange to stop the fight halfway and say "let's take it elsewhere, our daughter is watching". Usually, the argument ends when I cry because he is quite mean with his jokes. My husband also kisses me in front of our daughter, so I suppose that makes up for the bickering?

Read more

Even though our daughter is still a baby, we try not to have arguments in front of her so she won't feel the negative energy. Can't be avoided though, sometimes. I read in a parenting book that it's okay to sometimes fight in front of the kids. What's important is that you also make up in front of the kids so they learn how arguments are resolved.

Read more

This is definitely a no no. It will have a negative impact on the children. Evample, your kids will grow up to be like how you behave. Talk amicably with each other. Show each other the basic resoect so the kids will follow suit.

Read more