When will my lo hair start to shed? Is it necessary to shave my lo's hair if it doesn't shed?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It's not necessary to shave LO's hair, and sayings about shaving will let the hair grow thick and strong are just old wives' tales - our hair follicles are already "predetermined" when we're born, shaving our hair will not do anything to help!

VIP Member

There isn't any science to it. It's just a myth. Maybe said must shave then the hair will grow nice and thick. i didn;t shave my then 5yo. now his hair is soooo thick and coarse that i have to bring him on a monthly hair cut.

I shaved my boys hair under my inlaw pressure. Now it's taking a long time to grow back. I don't see a need in shaving their hair. Old folks are saying the hair they were born with are 'dirty' I just don't understand their logic

Read more
7y ago

my friends shave their lo hair and it has been many months and it hasnt grown back! If it is just myth of being 'dirty' then i shall just ignore and stand firm to not shaving it unless its really shedding. Thanks!

VIP Member

LO hair will start to shed around 4 months. It's ok to not shave their hair even if they do not shed. I never shaved both of my boys hair as i didn't like them to be bald.

7y ago

Same here! My gal has quite alot of hair and i cant bear to shave them off..i dont like her looking bald as well. But the elderly are constantly asking me to shave saying that the hair will grow better if i shave it.was just wondering if there's any science to this or is it just a myth by the elderly.

I did not shave my boys hair till he was a year old. I didn't believe in the old saying. It's just a myth to me.

I was told by the elderly in my family.after you cut baby hair the hair will grow really thick and nice.

VIP Member

Not necessary to shave LO’s hair. Most of us do it customarily on first month celebration.

It's okay not to shave if you are not pressurised by custom or old wives' tale.

No it is not necessary. Cut when you deem fit.