When to cut baby hair? Usually people do it on first month? 4th month or 1 year old? Or do we have to cut on 1 month, 4th month and 1 year? Heard it's good to shave it all and baby hair will be fuller when they grow up? Pardon my ignorant ... :)

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Actually, it is really up to you; there is no hard rule for it. However, some say that shaving the baby’s hair will make baby’s hair grow thicker and fuller. In my case, I have not cut my first born’s hair until about 3 years. She’s 12 now and has long, straight, thick and beautiful hair. My 5 month old girl also unshaven but thinking to shave as she’s dropping hair.

Read more
VIP Member

It depends what you believe in. Most shave off the hair at one month some around 3-4 months when baby starts to drop hair. I think the part about thicker hair if shave off is bullshit. My girl had her hair shaved off at one month. Her hair is still thin and wispy and light brown. It all depends on genes.

Read more

I didn't shave my LO's hair at all yet he has Super black n luxurious hair. ( always heard words of praise for his hair everywhere I go ) My mum Did not shave any of her 4 Daughters hair too n she told me that not all babies will drop their hair until patchy n indeed we didn't

It all depends on how much hair your baby has but, generally speaking, do not cut your baby's hair before its first birthday. Up until the age of six months, the "first hairs" grow and then fall out, following a drop in hormones that's completely normal after birth.

Usually 1 and 4 months. 4 months is abt the time they are dropping their hair so some prefer to just shave it once so that it grows out neater. Thick or thin hair is largely due to genes

Super Mum

Doesn't really matter if you cut or not. I didn't cut my girl's hair at all, only trimmed her bangs when they got really long. She has really nice thick and long hair now at 11 months

VIP Member

Nope. Never brought my kids to any hair cuts since born. Once their hair is long, i will just trim the sides. In fact their hair is very thick now!

my 6 months until now also haven shave.. my first lo shave twice but still little hair.. is all in the gene.. i myself have little hair lol..

VIP Member

I shaved after 100 days as my baby doesn't have much hair to begin with! I chose 观音旦which is an auspicious date.

VIP Member

I shaved my #1 after 1st month, but I didn’t do anything for my #2 😅 individual preference..