Marriage

When u have MIL who always compete and showing that she's better than u over her son. Really irritating me. Leaving with my husband family is really chaos wanting to move out but my husband always listen to his mother.. Wanting to divorce him

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I guess that shows her insecurity and that she’s afraid of losing her son. One way is to speak to your husband about getting your own place nearby. It makes a huge difference, even if it’s living a few minutes away from your in laws. If you need to continue living together, some things you can consider: 1. Find out what your MIL’s love language is 2. Ask your husband to reassure his mothed properly that he loves her very much and she will always be his beloved mummy, so she doesn’t need to try to outdo anyone. 3. You can try showing her love too, so that she sees that she’s not losing a son but gaining a daughter. Rather than just seeing her as your husband’s mother, try to see her as your mother too. Care for her, show her that you’re not competing with her. I believe that when a man marries his wife, this becomes a new family unit that needs to be protected well. Both parties need to choose each other and defend/protect one another over others. But we also treasure each other’s families and show them respect. At the same time, if boundaries are crossed, it’s best to set up new boundaries to protect your marriage/family.

Read more

Hi, I think moving out to a nearby unit is the best solution. Do have a candid chat with your husband about what you feel and then decide together.

4y ago

Oh emm geeeee

Before marriage is he like this? Move out is a better solution. My mil also like that.. End up we move out. Husband has eyes to see.

Tell him you want to have own house and privacy. Perhaps buy a unit near by so that your husband can visit his mother daily.

TapFluencer

friction unavoidable when staying together... hope u & ur hb get to move out successfully... take care 💕

Is ur hubby the only child ?

4y ago

His only son and 3 sister