When do you start looking for a PD? When pregnant or after baby is born?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I will recommend to start to look for a PD before baby is born. Some tips while searching for a suitable PD for your baby: -look for a nearby PD as it will save the traveling time especially if it is an urgent case. -try to list out a few PDs just in case some PDs do not open clinic on certain days/timings. -try to get recommendation from relatives or friends for PDs and to share their own experiences. -check out which hospitals does the PD visit in case there is any hospitalisation case so you will know which hospital to send in case of emergency and still under the care of your own PD. For immunisation jabs, I would like to recommend to have them at nearby polyclinic which are cheaper (as there is no doctor consultation charges) and waiting time is very short at polyclinic with the appointment timing. For illness, I will bring my kids to PD straight away.

Read more

Some people prefer to choose their PD beforehand and will choose to deliver their baby at a hospital where both their gynae and PD consult in. To save the trouble, you can just use the allocated PD when you deliver then see your selected PD after you discharge from hospital. I only used the PD recommended by my gynae during my hospital stay. Subsequently I went to the polyclinic which is much cheaper.

Read more

As soon as the baby is born, a PD checks him and till the time you and the baby is in the hospital, PD makes regular rounds to keep the track of how the baby's overall health is. After you are discharged, you can have the same PD who looked after him after he was born, or you can consult your gynaecologist who can then refer you to a reputed PD.

Read more
VIP Member

Usually i will know which PD are good and at where before hand. Only if baby have emergency case like Higher fever etc, it's better to see them than go kkh a&e. If not check up and jab all this, as Singaporean is subsidized for a lot of jab, i will go for polyclinic.

Read more
VIP Member

Your baby will actually be assigned to a PD in the hospital that you give birth in. You can choose to continue seeing that PD or if you have another PD that you prefer, you can visit him/her after you are discharged from the hospital.

thanks

VIP Member

After delivery I was assigned a PD.