When to start buying baby equipment and finding confinement nanny?

Hi fellow mummies. I’m a FTM therefore very clueless and would like to seek advice please. 1) When is a good time to start buying baby stuff like cot and breast pumps and pram/car seat? After the first trimester or after the second trimester? 2) When is a good time to start looking for confinement nanny? If mine is high risk pregnancy and delivery date may be slightly unpredictable (may be a little bit earlier than edd?) when is a good time to start looking for confinement nanny? Would you all recommend to look from an agency or a freelance nanny in this case? Thank you! #firsttimemom #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

1) third trimester, those stuff no need to buy so early. 2) first trimester, best to book asap, whether your edd is predictable or not. at least there’s a rough edd date. our mistake was waiting till 2nd trim and all the good ones are booked up. recommend agency. our first freelance was horrible and couldn’t find a replacement, had to DIY my confinement. at least agency can help with a replacement.

Read more
11mo ago

Thank you!