When can I introduce meat in to my child's diet? He's 7 months old and has just started solids.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The progression our paediatrician recommended was grains (ground rice/oatmeal cooked in breastmilk/water) then stewed/pureed fruits and veggies, then meat - soups first before adding actual meat - giving each food item 3 days to a week to watch for allergies.

After your child has adjusted to eating other solid foods you can introduce meat. Start by mixing a small piece of chicken to his soup alongwith the veggies. This is the safest way to introduce meat.

Meat is generally the last item to be introduced to a baby's diet. Start with lighter foods like fruit,veggies and lentils moving to eggs and lastly meat.

We started feeding meet to our daughter when she was 9 months if I'm not mistaken. And it should be chopped finely.

VIP Member

I introduced with minced pork. Lean meat i get them butcher to grin it twice for finer texture.

I introduced when my bub was 8momths old. I started with fish and chicken. No seafood yet.

my 4 months like eating soft mashed meat. he can eeat meat at 5 months old and he likes it!

9 months is the ideal age to take meat. however, the meat should be tender and shredded.

6-7 months old baby can eat it. Nice soft and mashed meat.

thanks