What's your least favourite chore? but i hate doing chores.

What's your least favourite household chore? i hate doing chores, haha

63 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Doing the dishes. I am the kind of person who uses a lot of pots, pans, bowls and utensils to whip up a meal. And normally eating a meal will just take me 5 minutes and doing the dishes takes forever. I wish I had a dish washing machine! I don't hate laundry though. While waiting for the laundry to be done or when folding the clothes I would always catch a tv show or listening to podcast at the same time. And I always try to get wrinkle-free fabrics for my wardrobe to save the ironing work. :)

Read more

I totally dislike ironing of clothes especially my hubby's working shirts (*~*). plus having young kids at home, ironing of clothes are more challenging plus dangerous. Therefore after some discussion with my husband, we decide to get a part time helper to come over once a week to take care of ironing, washing toilets, vacuuming of beds & sofa or wipes the windows. I think this is a good investment as I will have more time for my kids and better quality rest too :)

Read more
VIP Member

Can I pick two? It would have to be doing the laundry and dishes. The laundry isn't hard to do because there's the washing machine. It's the hanging up of laundry which is tedious and boring. I like to cook but hate washing the dishes because there are so many utensils and bowls involved in meal preparation, so I cook and my husband does the washing. It's not always clean, but it's something. I'm not alone in this - 37% of people hate doing the laundry!

Read more
Post reply image

Definitely laundry! Despite having a machine to wash it, it takes ages for it to wash them (imagine you forgot to do them until end of the day!!) Then you will have to hang them, wait for them to dry, fold them and iron them. It is the more tedious household chores in my opinion. To make it worse, there are 6 people in the house! It can easily take an hour for me to fold, keep and iron them.

Read more

Doing the dishes. It's because my hands get so dry from the washing liquid sometimes it starts cracking! Though I do feel bad (sometimes) leaving the dishes in the sink for someone else to wash it for me. Lol Yes I've tried using latex glove and everything, but then when you don't have direct skin contact, you can't really tell that dishes is already clean or not.

Read more

Laundry. It's soooooooo time consuming. And it takes a lot out of you too? After that you've still got the rest of the day to power through and then when it rains it's like, ugh, should've closed the windows, should I take half-day just to rush home and close the windows? Laundry sucks. There has to be a much easier way to do it lol.

Read more

Dishwashing... I love to cook & eating outside food is rare, may be twice a month. So everyday, our kitchen sink is full of kitchenware. For me, standing at the sink & washing is very tough chore. compared to that, all other household chores r very easy to me. of course, m used to do dishwashing. Uffff.. no choice

Read more

I would pay good money to have someone else make the bathroom pristine. There almost seems to be enough tools or quick fix for other chores e.g. washer and dryer, dishwasher, food delivery service. But the bathroom is a special chore that needs care, time and human attention. It's the worst for me.

Washing dishes is quite the annoying chore isn't it? I love baking but washing up after a baking session is soooo tedious, I have actually stopped for a while now just because I do not want to deal with the bowls and whisks and other hard to clean items.

8y ago

omg yes. if only the stuffs will wash themselves......

VIP Member

Sweeping and moping....but I do it every day since I don't have a maid and I like my house to be neat and clean. Sometimes I get my 4 boys to help me with putting the toys away and making their own beds. It's nice when the kids obey :)