What is your view on breastfeeding in public? Seriously, when I was breastfeeding in public, the fathers and the guys doesn't care BUT those moms and ladies are the ones who gave me evil glances, they're the once who stared at me. My daughter hates to be covered when feeding. And I just wanted her to be comfortable. I don't like to go to the toilet to feed my child. So sad lang.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Well! I personally have never breastfed my baby in public, and it was not a conscious decision but that the need never arose. And if at all I ever had to then being myself a shy person, I wouldn't have done it without covering my breast a bit, and not making it suffocating for my baby at the same time. But, I guess it is a personal choice. If say, you are travelling in a metro, and your baby is hungry and you have to feed her, you must. And as long as you are comfortable feeding her without covering, I do not think it is anyone's business to interrupt. If you are comfortable, stare back at the women who are staring at you, or just ignore them with assertion.

Magbasa pa

If you are comfortable feeding the baby without a cover, you should not care about people around. Do people think as much when they hug, kiss and try to be intimate in public? Haven't you come across many people being cozy in the public! If that is not being looked at being cool, then your case is the most genuine and valid of all. You are feeding your hungry baby and no one has the right to make you feel about it. It is your right and so is your baby's. Ignore such people hands down.

Magbasa pa

I really think it's fine kasi hassle talaga when baby doesn't like to be covered! I personally can't do it (hindi man lang nga ako maka-bikini sa boracay!) so tinitiis ko yung stress with the cover, but to those who can do it YOU GO MOM!!!

I breastfeed in public whenever my kids ask for it. I really don't mind what other people would say or think.

I also breastfeed in public but I make sure I have my cover with me.

thanks