Cord blood safe keeping

What are your thoughts on getting a package to store baby cord blood for 21 years? I am always approached by the sales person and still have plenty of time to decide.. isit important? Thanks

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s like buying an insurance for the family. If can afford, no harm. Otherwise, donation to public bank is good too. As if needed, (touchwood), still can be in line to get the treatment. I believe that cell therapies would be the next gen treatment in the future, so if you do not wish to invest in such insurance, donation would be a better choice.

Read more
Super Mum

There's very low chance that your baby will need the cord blood plus its likely that baby can't even use their own cord blood but a sibling's. I think the better option is to donate, then there's higher chance that it will be used plus if your baby ever needs it they can use their own donated cord blood too.

Read more
VIP Member

I choose cord blood , so far it’s good , n they keep on updating abt the stem cell banking n also how they maintaining n the new treatment from stem cells .. go for it

4y ago

How about the cord lining? Did u keep

I opted for cord blood banking with CordLife as it can store most components of cord blood and is most reliable.

I’m still not quite convinced re private cord banking. Will be choosing to donate instead.

VIP Member

My husband chose to private bank it as biological insurance

TapFluencer

Firstly it's not cheap. If you have the spare cash keep it.

VIP Member

I didn't get in the end

VIP Member

Overhype

TapFluencer

Didnt