What is your most embarrassing moment as a parent?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My most embarrassing moment was when my elder son was 5 and we lived in Muscat,Oman. My father had passed away and I had to take an immediate exit to go for his funeral. My younger one a year old only and he was very cranky if i was not around or left at baby sitting or relatives home. But my husband lovingly made all the arrangements and I left for India that very day. I thought I could be back in a day, but we didn't know that the Exit law requires that anyone going out of Oman can get entry only after 7 days. So after 7 days I reached to my boys and my husband said I was called by my elder son teacher for a meeting. I met her nxt day and she was behaving rather weird and uncomfortable. She started by saying that "women have a more forgiving nature and large hearted becoz women r responsible for keeping family together and united. If women fight and leave kids Alone then how will the kids fare" I asked her that I can't understand what she's saying and I enquired as to what my son told her. She said my son told her that I have left the house and gone to India to my father's house and that I was crying a lot. The teacher felt that I had a fight with my husband and hence stomped out of the house and left my kids away. I assured her the i would never leave my kids and tht I had to go for dads funeral and was crying for tht. That moment was really embarrassing for me bcoz tht lady must have thought for days what kind of a cruel mother I was to leave my small babies behind...

Read more

Hi, I think the most embarrassing moment as a parent would be when kid starts revealing your secrets in front of others. It happened with me once when my inlaws and relatives have come over and my daughter started spilling about my husband and my tiffs and other things. Everyone got to know that baby was in mood of providing some real entertainment but I in my heart wished for some miracle to happen which would either make my baby go to sleep or someone to come at the door so that she would stop.

Read more