What is your most embarrassing moment as a parent?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My most embarrassing moment was when my elder son was 5 and we lived in Muscat,Oman. My father had passed away and I had to take an immediate exit to go for his funeral. My younger one a year old only and he was very cranky if i was not around or left at baby sitting or relatives home. But my husband lovingly made all the arrangements and I left for India that very day. I thought I could be back in a day, but we didn't know that the Exit law requires that anyone going out of Oman can get entry only after 7 days. So after 7 days I reached to my boys and my husband said I was called by my elder son teacher for a meeting. I met her nxt day and she was behaving rather weird and uncomfortable. She started by saying that "women have a more forgiving nature and large hearted becoz women r responsible for keeping family together and united. If women fight and leave kids Alone then how will the kids fare" I asked her that I can't understand what she's saying and I enquired as to what my son told her. She said my son told her that I have left the house and gone to India to my father's house and that I was crying a lot. The teacher felt that I had a fight with my husband and hence stomped out of the house and left my kids away. I assured her the i would never leave my kids and tht I had to go for dads funeral and was crying for tht. That moment was really embarrassing for me bcoz tht lady must have thought for days what kind of a cruel mother I was to leave my small babies behind...

Read more