Solid for 8 months old baby.

Hi mummies my baby currently 8 months. I tried giving her apple puree, pear puree and banana puree when she 6 months plus. I started her solid ABIT later but I realised that she only love her baby bites. I tried giving her like nestum, different types of flavour but she seems not to like it. Quite worried. Tried giving her banana for her to hold but she just hold but didn't put inside her mouth. Help pls. What can I do to make her wanna eat instead of just eating biscuits. #1stimemom #stresswithhersolid

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What I did with my first child was to mix Friso cereal with her milk so she will have her tummy full. Ratio must be equal like 1:1/2:2 and ill give 2/3 times a day. Depend on your child. My daughter hate nestum in a bowl and we buy different flavours too. She will eat like 1 to 2 spoon and thats it. She loves to have baby bites and Gerber. We will give it as snacks. Also you can try the feeder pacifier with fruits to let her hold and see if she will put in her mouth. Hope some this tips help.

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for the advice mummy. Will try if it works ☺️

I started late for my baby too. I tried offering her at 6mo but same as yours, she only holds but not put in her mouth. The only thing she will hold and feed herself is baby bites 😂 She prefers soft foods (watery porridge/purées over food grainy porridge) and loves to do it handsfree so I gave up on BLW and went back to traditional weaning. You have to trial and error with the food. She hates rice cereals btw. I will offer her biscuits/yogurts after her solids. (My baby loves yogurt!)

Read more
2y ago

hahahah ikr. She love her baby bites so much. She can eat like 2 to 3 baby bites. Other than that she don't want to eat 😭Thank you mummy for ur advice..Will see which one works 💪🏻

I started both at the same time for my both kids, serve different food different meals time or both at the same time I give them snack biscuit while feeding cereal or puree I give them 🥦🥕🌽 while feeding porridge

2y ago

ahhhh great idea. Thank you mummy will see if she wanna eat cereal together with her snacks. Hope it helps. Thanks mummy.

Hi mummy, you could try starting BLW for your baby. Once baby shows interest in BLW, then start giving her purees. Alternatively, you could spread purees on the baby rice crackers.

2y ago

Hi hi. Alright sure mummy. Will tried it. Thanks for the advice ☺️👍🏻

don't give purees or cereal then. give whole foods. my lo HATED purees n cereals, so I did BLW, she was much more interested

2y ago

Noted mummy !! What food did you try to give to Ur Lo? I tried BlW like banana and papaya but she still not interested.