In the age of oversharing on social media, do you think it's important to teach kids to value their privacy? How would you go about it?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Definitely, yes. That's one thing that I will teach my children before they get engaged in the different social media platforms. I will explain to them what certain information can only be share to other people, and what needs to be kept private. I will monitor and guide during the first few months of their social media exposure as I want to make sure they are responsible enough before I let them use it on their own.

Magbasa pa

Yes,I strongly believe that it's our role as parents to teach our kids to do so. You can never tell what may happen and other people may take advantage of the fact that they are just minors. I will instruct them not to divulge unnecessary information to people they don't know or in simpler terms don't talk to strangers.

Magbasa pa

Yes. I think the first step is not letting them have social media accounts so soon. Sometimes, you find kids aged 12 with Facebook, IG, Twitter, etc and you wonder what are they doing on those sights? I think it's important to tell the kids the importance of internet and how it can also cause harm to them

Magbasa pa

Yes. I am planning to tell my daughter not to share information about herself or our family without asking permission from her dad or me (both online and in person) I have also seen apps about privacy education which is a fun way to teach them about this matter.