What kind of toys does 5 months old play? Is it normal my 5 months old still can't stable his head? He have been doing tummy time for 20 mins 2 time a day. His head can't stable yet I not sure how to start solid food at 6 months. I am worried.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I didn't really give my son toys until 6 months old, I'd say he probably only had a baby play mat (those with overhead toys)! My son took a while to stable his head because we did tummy time late, but no worries on that :) For solids, there's no rush to introduce it just because LO turns 6 months old - in fact, some signs you need to look for are: 1) Being able to sit by himself unsupported 2) Showing eagerness for food

Read more
VIP Member

It's normal! My second child took a much longer time to raise his head during tummy time! As for solids, don't rush! when baby is ready they will show signs. Focus mainly on milk before 1yo!

Read more

My son only learned to sit straight recently at about 10months old. He is a late bloomer. Speaking of which, no teeth till now.

during tummy time, have he ever lift up his head well? Solids you can try by lying on a bouncer first.

my bb played with soft toys. during 5-month old, he couldn't sit straight so I bought a booster seat.

Give them anything with sounds, i let him play with spoons, water bottles, plastic plates.

VIP Member

rattle toys, anything bright and colorful And plays music.

i let my 5mo play with rattles or soft cloth books

VIP Member

i only gave her baby gym!