Baby can’t lift head??

Hi mama. My baby is currently 10 weeks but still unable to lift his head when doing tummy time. Seems to be able to do it while on my body but not on the floor. How do I encourage him and make sure he is on track? Is there a time whereby he should be able to lift his head?? I see so many babies younger than him being about to do it. Kinda worried

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mama! Don't worry, every baby develops at their own pace, so there's no need to be alarmed. It's completely normal for your baby to take some time to lift their head during tummy time. To encourage your little one, you can start by placing a soft pillow or rolled-up towel under his chest during tummy time. This will provide some support and make it easier for him to lift his head. Gradually, you can reduce the amount of support to help him build strength. You mentioned that he can lift his head when on your body but not on the floor. This could be because being on your body provides him with more comfort and security. Try lying down on the floor and placing him on your chest while doing tummy time. This way, he can still practice lifting his head while feeling safe and close to you. Remember, each baby develops at their own pace, and it's important not to compare your little one to others. There is no specific timeline for when babies should be able to lift their heads during tummy time. Some babies may reach this milestone earlier, while others may take a bit more time. If you have any concerns about your baby's development, it's always a good idea to consult with your pediatrician. They can provide personalized advice and guidance based on your baby's specific needs. Keep supporting and encouraging your little one during tummy time, and remember to enjoy this beautiful journey of watching your baby grow and develop. You're doing an amazing job, mama! Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
TapFluencer

🙏💕