What is the best exercise for pregnant mum?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Regular exercise during pregnancy can be extremely beneficial, not just for you, but also your baby. It keeps excess weight off, and eases the delivery process, which means less bruising or pressure on the newborn. But it all depends on your exercise programme. Any form of low-intensity exercise including swimming, brisk walking, stationary cycling, or yoga is best during pregnancy. Swimming is an all-round exercise that not only forces your entire body to remain active, but also eases any back pain that you may have during the pregnancy. If you've been active and been following an exercise regimen before pregnancy, you can still perform your regular exercises, albeit post your doctor's approval and with a slightly low intensity. I found this article quite information wrt exercises during each pregnancy: https://sg.theasianparent.com/pregnancy-exercise-workout-trimester?utm_medium=web&utm_source=search&utm_campaign=elastic

Read more
VIP Member

There are lots of exercises you can choose from. You just have to adjust the intensity if you're pursuing it. For obvious reasons, martial arts aren't advisable when pregnant, but I found swimming useful for relaxation. Prenatal yoga and dancing can be fun too! I did a bit of Zumba when I was pregnant. http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-best-kinds-of-exercise-for-pregnancy_7880.bc

Read more

I joined Prenatal Pilates during my 1st pregnancy and find it very helpful to ease my leg cramps and backpain. For the subsequent pregnancies, I watch youtube and revise my previous notes to practice. In addition, you can try prenatal yoga and swimming. These exercises are safe for preggies.

Six types of exercise to keep you fit and healthy. Yoga can be a useful way to improve flexibility whilst pregnant. Suitable activities during pregnancy are brisk walking, swimming, indoor stationary cycling, prenatal yoga, and low-impact aerobics, guided by a certified aerobics instructor.

VIP Member

As far as i have seen, yoga would be the best exercise for pregnant women.

Something as simple as going for regular walks will keep you healthy

thanks