Best present for baby shower

What is the best present to give a mum for her kid's baby shower? #babyshower #present

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For mum: My best gift was a date-night certificate for me and my husband to get reacquainted, about a month after our second baby was born. It included dinner for two at the restaurant of our choice and childcare for our two tots. Probably saved our marriage! For baby: My favourite baby shower gifts are always the handmade blankets and hats and things that were made especially for your baby with love.

Read more

Gift voucher would be one of the best options. She can buy what she like the kids to wear, use, etc ... Nowadays brands of formula, diapers, wipes, etc ... are far too many. It would be easier for the parent to purchase on their own as every parents have their preferred choice. If for us to choose a gift, the parents might not like it and in turn, may actually give away to someone else.

Read more

My best friend and I used to collect Pandora charms and we'd always get one for the other during happy occasions like birthdays, work promotions etc. I bought her baby pram charm and for her baby, I bought a Pandora starter kit so that she can start collecting charms for her little girl. There was a practical cash gift as well because it's a Singaporean thing to do :D

Read more
VIP Member

For a baby shower people mostly concentrate on what to give to the baby, but often forget about the mum! So make this day about her and perhaps gift her something she can use post the birth of the baby. You can gift her a nice dress or even alcohol, as the panelist Roshni, rightly pointed. You could also give her a set of good quality breast pump.

Read more

Gifting ayurvedic/herbal hair and body massage oils would be a really good gesture. As a pregnant mum, she would desperately need some mind and body relaxation. You can get of various brands, and for different purpose. You even get those for stretch marks. They also usually come in gift packs, which would be really handy

Read more
Post reply image

mmm taka vouchers are popular among my mummies friends.. she can decide what to buy best for her kid then. There's always baby fair and taka basement so its handy (be sure to check with the counter.) Lastly there's no expiry dates so she can use it anytime :)

If you have time, try making a diaper cake? ;) Can double up as a decor and would definitely come in handy after the baby is out. Tutorial here: http://alittlejunkinmytrunk.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-make-diaper-cake.html

Post reply image
VIP Member

Is this before the baby is born or after?if after I recommend her favourite alcohol or a tray of cheese (since she would have avoided most cheese when pregnant). If before baby is born, some nursing nightgowns?

Or if you've more likeness for the baby, you can get a baby gift basket with all the tiny cute stuff like spoon fork teddy bear and tiny tiny clothes :D something like this

Post reply image
VIP Member

Massage / spa treatment