What do you give a 15 month old to eat for breakfast lunch and dinner? I'm at my wits end. Child goes to infant care and eats normally but back at home she refuses my porridge and everything else.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

After 1 year old, you can start switching to whatever you are serving adults - just keep their portion aside before adding any seasoning/salt/sugar :) My son prefers to have a switch every now and then, his staple are traditional homecooked food (eg. rice, 1 meat, 1 veg, soup) but he likes the occasional treat of homemade sushi, tomato-based spaghetti, cream pasta, macaroni soup, udon/soba, western meals (eg. grilled salmon and variety of vegetables as sides, no rice/noodles), pancakes etc!

Read more

My baby loves sweetcorn and sweet potato pasta. Heat milk and sweet potato in a saucepan, then bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.Add small florets of cauliflower and cook for a further 10 minutes.Add sweetcorn and cook for 5 more minutes before removing from heat.Stir in grated cheese, then blend to the right consistency for your baby.

Read more
Post reply image
7y ago

oh what type of cheese are you using?

ask ur childcare see what food they serve n maybe u cook same. if kid eats then shows kid like those food if no eat means kid might wants ur attention so more fussy at home. if not means kid listens more or scared of teachers

My 13 Mths is eating everything.. noodles, rice, pasta, bee Thye Mak, beehoon, Kway Teow....Sometimes when we are eating together, he will take interest in our food N we will alternate one spoon his food n one spoon our food

VIP Member

Actually it's pretty common! My child used to eat so so well in childcare. But the moment she is back home. she goes on food strike. No idea why too! i guess it's the peer pressures

Read more

mine 13 mths. porridge with anything. corn. pumpkin. potato. fish. chicken. bean. spinach. noodle sometimes. may be u can try cheese. it smells and taste good

Perhaps your LO prefers something chewable texture? I noticed you mentioned 'your porridge' , but i could be wrong. Im serving my LO table food since he turned 1 year.

For brekkie try baby Oatmeal mixed with mashed fruits like blueberries or Apple. Lunch / dinner- can try soft food like Mee Sua / soup with rice

VIP Member

Breakfast I do chicken or fish porridge, lunch I do purée of some vegetables and dinner I do pasta and sometimes yoghurt. Plus 3 milk feeds a day

It is a stage that most kids go through, be patient and continue serving food whether she eats or not. They usually will grow out of it.