what does the employer mean when just before you pop, she says if you do not want to come back to work, its ok too. and when you returned after your maternity leave, she says nothing gets done when you are not around (and the fact that i delegated my work nicely before i pop).

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That is a very hurtful and selfless statement. If i were you, i would leave the job. Either way, seems that she is either telling me to leave on my own or she would eventually find another reason to terminate me. Best to start planning ahead!

7y ago

yes it was. i was got upsetted that i went into delivery a few days later. i wonder why she can say those words when i put in my very best as a middle manager in the school, supporting her as a principal.

VIP Member

Have you try asking the people around you at work to see how things was like when you are on maternity leave?

7y ago

Maybe she is trying to provoke you to see if you would leave on your own accord. I would say just ignore

No dear you are not being sensitive. Don't care and give a hoot to someone like that.

7y ago

thanks babe

I would assume that she is telling me that I'm not needed in a polite manner.

7y ago

thats what i thought so too. thought i was being sensitive. but to say that to a mother who is going to pop i think is not very needed and tactful. to think she is a principal of a secondary school.