What age should you start using the bumbo seat?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The Bumbo website states the following: “The Bumbo Floor seat was designed to seat young babies who can’t sit up by themselves yet. As soon as your baby can support their own head you can seat them in the Bumbo Floor Seat. The seat has many technical design features that supports the baby’s posture allowing them to interact with their surroundings.

Read more
VIP Member

You can start using it when your LO's neck and head are strong enough to straighten by itself. Age gauge around 4mths but really depends on each individual babies. Do take note about safety. Be there with your LO always. Also initially when u get your LO started, dont put in the bumbo too long. Start slow about 1 to 2 min and increase slowly. =)

Read more

Bumbo seat can be use around 4 months old but best to have adult supervision while using it. When use it for the first week, try to limit shorter duration and after 1 week if so, can slowly increase the duration from 5 mins to 10 mins etc:)

Am concerned with bumbo chair as have seen kids toppling over in IFC on them when they rocked backwards. Advice is to perhaps consider the Ingenuity chairs. A bit more ex but comes with a handy slot in table. Very sturdy. I bought 2!

when baby neck n head or strong to straighten by it self. I give her when she is 4 mth plus but have to careful adult must be there cos there is once flip over.. as she trying to get herself up

I started mine ard 4mo old but only for like 2-3mins and attract them with a soft toy eye level and slowly move up to train their neck.

8y ago

Is there a reason why it can't be longer than a few mins initially?

It should be around 4 months old but you should gauge for yourself if LO is stable enough as each individual baby is different.

I no using bumbo seat and just give baby seat when my baby know to sit

VIP Member

When your baby could hold their neck and head straight up themselves.