count to ten

At what age should a child be able to count to ten?

count to ten
11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It really depends on each child, so don't be too caught up with milestones! My son is 2 years old this weekend, but he only knows "mama" and "mummum" - and yes, he has isolated speech delay (diagnosed by assessment) so it'll take some time for him. He is able to understand things way beyond his age, but he cannot find the right words to use to express what he wants - so simple milestones like this would be hard for him to manage by the "standard" milestones.

Read more

My 22 month old nephew counts to 13. He counts steps as we walk down together. He counts from 1 all way up to 13 and he currently is getting up to 20 but after 13 his numbers are getting a little mixed 15.13.16.14.17 ect it's amazing to see how much he picks up and takes in :D

TapFluencer

Anytime after 1.5 years. But all kids develop differently. So, please don't stress too much about it. He/she isn't going to be a 5 year old who cannot count! 😁

by 2 years. but I suggest don't get into the milestone trap. every child is an individual perosnality. worry if they can't count even at 3.5 - 4 years.

VIP Member

depends, mine started to count at 2. some kids as early as 18 months

VIP Member

different child, different milestone. mine at age of 2.

My 2 year old can count to 14.

About 18-19 months for my kid

By around 2 years

VIP Member

1.5 years old...