What advice would people give to parents who lose their tempers easily with their kids?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Most parents probably get upset because their children fall short of mum and dad's expectations. A parent's best bet then is to expect their children will mess up (i.e. forget to pick up after themselves). So how should they react instead? They can still give firm reminders about forgotten rules but they should also focus on giving kids tools on how to always remember their instructions!

Read more

I also facing the same situation where I need to remind my preschooler to do things that she is supposed to do and I will easily lose my temper towards her. What I do is let her decide a method to remind herself e.g. write her own note and stick on wall to remind herself. So far this works well for me, for her to take her own responsibilities.

Read more

More you get angry with your kid, more they developed defenses against it and against you. The unfortunate result is a child who is less likely to want to behave to please you, and is more open to the influences of the peer group Always Calm yourself down before you take action in anger

Parents need self-control intact by Speak calmly, clearly, and firmly not with anger, blame, harsh criticisms, threats, or putdowns. Anger are not normal behaviors and they may struggle with how to deal with those emotions when they feel them.

I would say before you lose your temper and look at the age difference between you and them

thanks