We've been having trouble conceiving which could be due to our ages in the late-thirties. My husband is vehemently against fertility drugs of ivf. What can I do to improve my chances of conceiving naturally?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Eating well and making good food decisions can contribute to your odds of conceiving. Eat foods that are nourished with lots of protein, iron, zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D in your diet. Studies have shown that a lack of the above mentioned nutrients have been linked to lengthened menstrual cycles and thus less frequent ovulation. Check with your doctor if you should take a daily multivitamin supplement to boost your nutrition intake. A healthy weight also boosts the chances of conception. An excess of body fat can lead to an overproduction of certain hormones which can disrupt ovulation. Your cycles may be less regular, you may ovulate less often, and you lower your chances of getting pregnant. On the other hand, too little body fat means your body may not produce enough hormones to ovulate each month or to sustain a pregnancy if you do conceive. Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy weight.

Read more

You can purchase clearblue digital ovulation test kits. It will tell you (using indicator of smiley face/no face) when is the best 2 days to intercourse during LH surges, i.e. most fertile period. So far, I have 2 friends who used this ovulation kits and managed to conceive in short period. This is more expensive than ovulation strips but they are far more accurate than strips one. If your mense is quite regular, you can purchase 7-test kits set instead of 20-test kits set. There another device which is more advanced is clearblue digital monitor which costs more than $300. This is more accurate as it will help you to plot a graph and identify the best time to intercourse to increase the chance of getting pregnant. I have used this one and successfully conceived my second baby after 1 cycle of tracking only.

Read more
Post reply image

Try observing your cervical mucus signs for the best days to try, which would be those with clear, slippery mucus.

Good luck! Don’t stress about it. I’d suggest talking to your husband and communicate your thoughts with him.

Nagtry na po ba kayong magpatest both ng husband nyo kung may problem kayong dapat iaddress?

Take good high in anti oxidants such as blueberries and exercise

Super Mum

Gnc has some vitamins for Wife and Husband.. can try

That what i experience