Do you want to be a SAHM OR working mum ? why?

82 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

sahm. although is going to be difficult but is worth. For me in my life being a full time mother is really more rewarding then working and get promoted. Even if I die I have no regrets for being a sahm. My LO is only young for a period of time. After that no more going back to the baby or toddler days. I will cherish everyday spending with him. I am a sahm, my husband don't earn much. nobody taking care of my LO. So I will be the one taking care of him and I have to spending wisely and save all for LO. it's been 6 months after giving birth. it's so tiring but I am very contented.

Read more

I'm a SAHM. I think this title more tiring than a working mum. 😅 I have to do lots of things... Sometimes I feel undervalued as family members will think "taking care of baby should be easy, blah blah blah..." I forgo my career opportunities to accompany my lo and it's really worth it. This is the power of motherhood, no matter how hard life can be, just embrace it. I love seeing my lo happy everyday 😉

Read more
VIP Member

haha .. I wish to be SAHM but then i really cannot make it at the moment. Almost kana depression when i first give birth~ So choose to go out to work full time. Perhap after working few more years when i hit about 28-30 years old then i will consider to be a SAHM. As i think that age is more suitable to rest and accompany child. So meanwhile i chooose working mum as i can work freely and at the same time accompany my lo.

Read more

Prior to giving birth I thought I was going to prefer to be a SAHM. However during my maternity leave, although I loved spending time with my previous baby, the boredom and mundane routine really got to me badly. Suddenly public holidays and weekends had no meaning. Hence currently my preference is definitely to be a working mom if possible. Will see if it changes along the way again

Read more

Working mum as i dun need to stay in the house the whole day. Stressful and tiring. Tired from work is different from tired from taking care of kids. I rather work n earn some money so tat i wont be relying on hubby n feel useless juz depending on him on money for expenses. I rather put baby in ifc as they can learn to expose to a different surrounding.

Read more

working mom! ik its btr for me to take care of my child , but i hate relying on people financially coz i feel like if one day, im left alone , i have nth. But while being a working mom, i definitely will want to try set a fixed time thing to spend time w my child as much as possible . Like maybe a balance between work and child time .

Read more
VIP Member

Working mum. Although I would like to be sahm, but the thought of high cost of education and servicing medical insurance etc for the sake of my lo future, makes me abandon the thought. Dual income will ensure a better quality life for my lo.:) I will maximise my bonding time with my lo though long holidays and taking leave.

Read more

Both as of the moment. I’m working from home as a Virtual Assistant. With that I don’t feel guilty that I can’t provide both emotional and financial needs of my baby. I’m a clingy mommy. I want to watch her grow and I want to be there for every milestones she’ll reach ❤️

Working mum as you get subsidy for childcare etc. also you'll have your own saving and no need to rely on husband. Good for marital relationship. choose a company that allows you to have flexi work arrangement so that you are get to spend more time with your little one.

3y ago

yes, working mum gets subsidy for childcare

VIP Member

i am a SAHM but i am enrolling my girl next month which she will be 29months in cc. and will be working mum next yr. i find that its time for her to socialize. i do home schooling. but socializing is something we cant teach. not something which playdates can replace.