I'm twelve weeks pregnant. Recently, after an ultrasound, my doctor told me that I had a uterus blood clot right below my fetus and was given medication named Duphaston with one week HL. He didn't give me any further information, but told me to avoid carry heavy things and intercourse. My next appt with him is 4 weeks later. I went Google and suspect I might be suffering from subchorionic hemorrhage. Should I be worried?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm also 12 weeks pregnant and was diagnosed with bleeding in the sac since week 8. Doc gave the same medication and advised the same (don't carry heavy things, no sex). Since then during the 4 weeks period, as I noticed spotting and also vaginal bleeding, I have went back and doc prescribed progesterone pills with antibiotics as well. My advise is just to monitor the situation and if you experience bleeding then to quickly call your gynae to check. So far it has been reassuring, as my ultrasounds have shown a healthy baby. :)

Read more

Duphaston is a medication subscribed to strengthen your pregnancy. If in doubt, you can always go back to your gynae for further checks and to ensure that baby is growing well. If you are not getting the information that you want, seek 2nd opinion. Importantly, do not frighten yourself as some medical terms are very similar and might not be what you suspected.

Read more
VIP Member

I had the same issue since my 10th week, had been taking duphaston ever since, on and off, plus prolutan jab everytime I have an external bleeding, had hospitalization leave a few times until I deliver at 39 weeks, baby is healthy, not effected by those blood clots

4y ago

OK thanks!

I was given any medication, but I bleeding on /off during my first trimster... they removed the blood clot and it stop bleeding afterwards.... I went to see gynae 5 time during my first trimester as i was very worried... My advice if you worried seek for second opinion

Read more
5y ago

Mind if I ask what procedure did they do to remove the blood clot? Blood clot is in the sac right?

You may wish to seek a 2nd opinion. This is not a laughing matter. Pls seek help immediately

Read more

If u feel unsure can see another gynae to seek for different advise...

I took duphaston during pregnancy too and had to bed rest due to bleeding U will be fine Just rem to bed rest