10 Replies

It depends on the baby! Mine occasionally slept 5 hours during the first 2 weeks until we started to wake her up for feeds every 3 hourly. For the first month at least, they need to be fed at least 3 hourly. This was recommended by my lactation consultant. My baby slept anywhere from 4-8 hours at 5-7 weeks. But currently my bb is 15 weeks old and she has sleep regression, so the sleeping pattern is quite erratic for now.

VIP Member

Fully breastfed newborns generally won’t sleep more than 3 hours as breastmilk is easily digestible and they will be hungry. I will latch on demand and my LO will wake every 2 hours for milk. She only slept slightly longer (3-4 hours) at 5 months old. At 9 months, she wakes every 5 hours. If you feed formula milk, your LO might be able to sleep longer but you will still have to wake up to make milk.

Ah I see! Then did u try giving ur LO formula on top of breast milk?

My baby can sleep more than 3hrs. Sometimes I have to wake him up for milk every 3hrs. Now he is 20 months sleep thru the nite. It really depends. No all baby are the same.

Super Mum

Some older babies dont sleep beyond 3 hours too. If you're referring to sleeping through the night, babies will do so when they are developmentally ready

yes true. only a small percent sleeps beyond 3hrs. 2m onwards and things will get better.

My boy is 24 days old, he sleeps beyond 3 hours most of the time and at times 5 hours

TapFluencer

It's subjective. Mine is 9mo and doesn't sleep more than 2hr

VIP Member

It was true for my lo. But after 2 months, she can STTN already.

TapFluencer

No not true! My baby can sleep more than 3 hour.

Not true mine slept more than 3 hrs

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles