Eczema

Any treatment to eczema. Lo have been scratching himself v badly. ?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I had a short bout of eczema before and the doc I went to gave me the following meds/advice: - Ezera body wash: Body wash that does not dry out the skin, I.e. no squeaky clean feeling. When skin is dry, it itches more. - Short cold showers: Long hot showers irritate the skin and causes it to itch more. - Calamine lotion to reduce itching - Ceradan skin lotion: moisturise skin, important not to let skin dry out However, if it is severe, best to see doctor and determine plan of action.

Read more
Super Mum

You can see an allergy doctor. Skin sensitivity usually relates to some allergy. Doctor will probably prescribe steroid cream but it's completely fine to apply thin layer only. Apply moisturiser 3 times a day in thick layer. Don't use soap during bath time but use bath oil instead. I followed this regime as instructed by doctor and my baby's skin improved drastically in 1 week (she had pretty severe eczema + skin dryness before)

Read more
1y ago

Hi, did the bath oil work for your little one?

Super Mum

PD will give steroid cream. Also, gotta find a moisturizer that is suitable for your child. No best or good. You need to try & error to find the right one.

VIP Member

How old is your baby? If your baby is less than 3 months old, please bring your child to see a pediatrician

5y ago

Going 5 months alrdy. Seen once pd prescribe steroids. Which I don’t want to apply on him

Use cetaphil baby. Then apply suubalm kids moisturiser. It works for my son

VIP Member

If I’m not wrong, the doctor will prescribe a special cream for baby.

VIP Member

You can try using Aveeno Oatmeal Bath and their cream. Hope it works for you.

5y ago

I have tried using the oat bath today. Hoping that it will works.

Cetaphil, QV baby and Dove sensitive skin range

Hi, You can try Cetaphil and Dove Derma range

Try applying fresh Aloe Vera or Aleo Vera gel

5y ago

Which brand of aloe Vera?