4 Replies

nope. in fact, if your hubby isn't home the entire day and you take care of the baby alone, it is important he takes care of the baby at least for some time in the night, so that you can get some time to rest or do things that can help you relax. tell him to use the time to play with the baby and develop a bond. the more you let him do it the more he will finally do. i don't mean he should take care of the baby through the whole night, but a couple of hours should be enough for you to rest too, if not more.

VIP Member

Not at all, because he also played a part in the conceiving part and it is his daddy responsibility to take care of the child too. Then again, I remember my hubby ever reminded me that while I tended to my baby during the day, he was out working hard for the family too. So he also needed his rest. Perhaps can talk to your hubby in a gentle tone and suggest taking turns instead. I think our hubbies will be more receptive to a loving suggestion rather than a demanding one. All the best!

Absolutely not. Rather, being the father or being the person in the room, he should be anyway helping you with chores of the baby. I do understand that if your husband is working and has to go to office, it is not right to keep him awake most of the nights, but yes, patting and pacifying the baby for sometime is not a big deal. And that goes for a working mom as well.

Not at all! A baby is the responsibility of both the parents. Unfortunately, somewhere there is an "unwritten rule" that only the mother should take care of the baby at night and not the father. Other than feeding, the father can do everything else.

Related Questions

Related Articles