5 Replies

VIP Member

Hi... yes, I do sometimes feel the same. My anger gets the better of me and I feel so guilty after whacking my child, I’ll silently cry in the toilet. Recently I started to look for articles on theAsianparent on child discipline and found this article. https://sg.theasianparent.com/1-2-3-magic-effective-discipline-for-children-2-12-by-thomas-w-phelan

VIP Member

Same here! I did hit her on the thighs on a couple of occasions but cried afterwards because of guilt. I’m trying the firm NO and pause with serious eyes. It does work sometimes. If not, I give it 5 mins for my lo to cry it out and stop on her own. I try not to console her immediately coz kids are very smart. They will use it as a weapon 😂

VIP Member

I used to hit my boy too when anger took over, but seeing him cry after hitting him made me really upset. Hence i tried not to hit him, though he is really mischievous, i just told him no cannot do this and carry him away

I also did hit my boy when he is mischief and naughty. I felt sad and guilty. Sometime I just want to give up and let others take care of him. Really Feel that I am not being a good mother.

I did hit my daughter too , as she grow older I’ve learned to be more patient & usually my mum will always say that “she got the attitude from you”

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles