Today my heart broke a little bit. It was my little ones first day of preschool and I brought my helper along to assist me. When we were ready to leave, my little one kept bawling away and would not let go of my helper and kept saying "ateh, don't leave me" (ateh is big Sister). I told my baby, ok, mumma can take time off from work and spend with you and she replied, no I want ateh to stay and play with me. I feel jealous and hurt that my baby prefers The Maid to me. Am I being unreasonable? I feel like changing maids.

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

U shudnt dear if not she's helping u. If u get a new maid would she even be reliable? I guess mothers have to work n leave the maid handling the kids made the kid attached to the maid even more. Maybe u handle yr kid more so she!/he or won't be attached to the maid so much. I get stressed handling my kids dat I leave to my husband. Sometimes my kids look for my husband. Sometimes we mums feel guilty but we also feel stressed handling them. Ure not alone dear

Read more

Trust me, no matter how many DHs you change, it will still be the same if you dont change. You might wana try spending more quality time with her after work/ weekend, co-sleep with her might help too. I'm also a FTWM; i will try to read/ flashcard/ play/ bath them myself after work despite how tired I am. Being a parent is never easy! Just do our best so that we will not have any regrets!

Read more

I could understand how you feel but on the positive side perhaps you should be happy that your helper is really nice to your LO. If not your LO would have dislike her and would not want her. It's not easy to find a good helper that can look after little one so I do not encourage you to change her. Just try to spent more time with you LO and you would definitely feel better.

Read more

If your kids spent more time with your helper they tends to go closer with them .We should be happy that the kids love the helper which it means the helper has treat him/her good n nice like thier own kids. I know how it feel when your kids choose helper den mama , try spent more time with them like every night and weekends leaving the helper to do housechores ..

Read more

I think you should feel blessed that your child likes the helper. It means the helper treats her well when they are alone that's why your child likes her. I know it's heart-wrenching to see your kid prefers a stranger. Try to spend more time with her. A mom will always be a mom. The helper can never take your place. Good luck!

Read more

I think it means your helper has done a very good job in taking care of your LO so much so that LO has attachment feelings towards her.. u can go to work in peace and not worry whether your helper will do any harm to your child. Isn't that great?

VIP Member

Hard to get a maid who is good with little children. Please do not let jealousy get into you. It is a wake up call that perhaps you should probably spend more time with your LO. Leave work at workplace and spend all the time at home with your LO.

This will happens whenever we have helpers as their time with our kids is a lot longer than with us, for me I will always spend more time with my kids paying more attention and play with them so they will be more close to you, don't give up

oh my..sorry to hear that..may i ask during at night does ur baby sleeps with u?its best to let her sleep with u and maybe u can also play with her or bring her out without ur maid for awhile not neccessary go far maybe go to the shop..

Just chill. Sometimes my Son wakes up and cries for the helper. I've been SAHM for about 3 months now... he's still attached to the helper... but he asks for me too when I'm not around. So don't take it personally.