Helper taking care of baby

Hi mummies, we hired a maid to help out on household and baby. I don't know about you.. but for me somehow I feel unsecured for helper to take care of my baby, like will my baby go to my helper instead of me when she grow up? Because sometimes she will be the one to feed/change diapers/bath/play. I tried to spend more time with baby because I am so afraid that baby will choose helper instead of me next time. Is this normal? How do you mummies deal with this? #firstbaby #1stimemom #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel the same way as you. My boy is 2.6 year old now. My helper takes care and sleep with him since he was 4 month. I am grateful for her help as I am not able to handle my son without damaging myself mentally and physically. This mindset helps me alot: “Your baby is capable of loving more than one person. And having more people to love your baby is beneficial.” Ofcourse for the first year, every spare time I have, I make it a point to spend it with my baby. Ill bring him down for walks, Ill bring him to my room so its just me and him, I also put our selfies everywhere at home where he can see. Hahahaha I can see that my son loves both of us (good because it shows my helper really do take care of him well) but ofcourse he knows who is his mummy. Hugs!

Read more
VIP Member

my helper has been looking after my lo since she was 4 months old. (now she's 10 months). I initially do have the fear as well. so I insist on taking care of her at night once my helper is done for the day. so that 1) I could still be there for my daughter when she's insecure at night 2) my helper can take a good rest. though I'm not too sure if this will still work in the long run due to work but over time I believe our child will still know for sure who are her parents!

Read more
Super Mum

Babies are smart, they know who is their mummy . My helper spends the most time with my daughter during the day as I'm working but at night my daughter would refuse to sleep with helper and insists on sleeping with me. Helper has been taking care of her from 3 months until 20 months now. There are times I felt worried like you too but it's very clear she would always choose me over helper so don't worry :)

Read more

I have a helper too. There will be times that ur child will look for your helper but at the end of the day, they noe whose the parent. When i discipline my child, i make sure my helper doesnt get involve like soothe her wadsoever. for baby up to 1 year, i will play with her as much,teach her.

Hi Mum, I understand your concern and it is obvious to feel this way. But you can always try to spend time with baby in evening and night so that it gives you good bonding time with baby and also you don't feel worried. With time, babies start loving this routine and bonding grows on

Bonding time with children is very important Too. Children can identify as well.