For those who babywear, how do u travel overseas in taxis with a baby? Do you really bring carseat along?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes. We bring our car seat along. I don't own a car. There are inexpensive new car seats (eg $99 for Mothercare brand). Taxis work the same way as cars. Should the car behind bump the taxi or should the taxi uncle e-brake, baby may be flung to the front of the taxi, your chin may smash into baby's head due to whiplash or baby may become your airbag. It's troublesome, hence I opt for bus/train where possible. Otherwise it's my infant car seat (Joie travel system at $360 for car seat plus compatible stroller) that comes along. Recently bought Cosco Scenera Next from Taxi Baby Singapore as my boy is outgrowing the infant car seat. The Scenera weighs only 3 kg and can take up to 18kg max.

Read more

The safest place for a baby in a car is the car seat. Some countries like Australia and the US have strict traffic laws regarding car seats for kids and babies. My car seat could be attached to my stroller. So I checked the car seat and stroller in at the gate and then pick it up at the destination. If you do not want to bring along a car seat, you can consider pre-booking taxis or rental cars that comes with a car seat.

Read more
VIP Member

If you have the budget for it, you could get the mifold booster seat. It's compact and lightweight. It should fit inside your baby bag http://www.taxibaby.sg/store/p55/mifold_Grab-and-Go_Booster_Seat.html

I just put my baby in the carrier and there has not been any issues so far. This is how I travel with my baby here in Singapore as well since we don't have a car and a car seat.

i baby wear him all the time and strap a seat belt on. it's quite hard to bring a car seat everywhere. otherwise i bring along the pram which can put my car seat.

Depends on which country u r traveling to.. Some countries have strict traffic laws, others don't.. Best to check them out

I baby wear my baby whenever I'm taking taxi. please ensure u buckle seat belt as well.

VIP Member

No. During travelling overseas, i don't bring. I just strap them in my baby carrier.

Babywearing for me. It's the best way i can keep baby close to me at all times.

i will babywear and strap on the seatbelt for additional safety