What items do you all bring along for overseas travel with a 5month old baby? TIA!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is a super interesting article about travelling overseas with a baby below one years of age. http://www.lisamckaywriting.com/20-tips-for-traveling-overseas-with-a-baby-under-one-year-old/ Some interesting points she brought up (besides the basics) include bringing the usual clothes that baby would sleep in. Young babies are creatures of habit and having their usual things especially during bedtime will help them settle down better in a foreign location. Another interesting point would be letting baby crawl and play as much as he wants during a layover (be it long or short). Burning his energy before the next flight will help him sleep better and longer on the plane.

Read more

Clothes that are appropriate for the weather. Some diapers, milk and bottled food to get by. But I usually buy those overseas once we have settled a bit. We prefer travelling light. His fave toy or blanket and don't forget your carrier. I once forgot to bring mine and has to look for one overseas :-(

Read more

His prescription medicine with his name and details stated on the bottle. As some country does not or do not sell medicine over the counters. Bring his/her comfy item like toys, doll or pillow. More clothing incase a change of weather.

VIP Member

important things i would say is - Medication -Thermometer - Fever Patch. These are important when it comes to travelling.

Read more

Thermometer either ear or infra red, is a must have item for me, just in case there is a need to check n monitor temperature

His medicine for sure! It may be handy! Bring one or two sleeping items that he or she used for nap time does help!