Depression, social anxiety and low self-esteem

Hi there is there anyone suffering from depression, social anxiety and Low self-esteem? I constantly feel a need for me to be validated by other people. I feel that no matter how much I try, if people don’t like me (because I am shy, introverted and quiet), even if I do one good thing is never enough. I don’t have anyone that I can’t rant to. Not even to my spouse, family or friends. Maybe it’s this wall that I’m putting up. I am tired honestly. Sometimes I don’t know what I want to do in life. I feel like I can’t be a good mother to my unborn child and toddler. I can’t be a good wife to my spouse. Can’t be a good daughter to my parents, a good sister to my siblings. I can’t do anything right in life. Everyone hates me I know. Even my spouse say my children will grow up in future to hate on me. I don’t know where can I run to. Everyday I just cry in silence hoping someday this too shall pass

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I felt the same from time to time and used to constantly seek validation from others. I also suffered from anxiety attacks and depression due to work related issues when I just got pregnant. After I became a mom, I realised I am a stronger person because I no longer need validation from anyone to prove my worth. To the world you may be one person; but to your children you may be the world. This will pass and one day you will look back and realised how it will turn you into who you are - a stronger person and a role model for your kids. Nothing else should matter because your children look up to you, their mom. I’m sure they will be very proud of you and they’re blessed to have you in their lives.

Read more

Hey there! I totally understand how you feel. I had several anxiety attacks before. It’s so bad thay I can’t breathe and I just black out. Back then, I felt that I have nobody to turn too. My family thinks I’m just seeking attention. But for me, I seek medical help because I was drowning. Literally so sick of crying every single thete. I didn’t want to do anything. I had no mood for anything. I just wanna say, you’re stronger than you think! I don’t wanna post my username here but if you ever need someone to talk to, please, write to me….. all the best

Read more