second hand clothes

Is there any superstition around letting newborn/baby wear second hand clothes from unknown sources? I.e. the clothes were hand me downs purchased/blessed from people on Carousell. TIA!

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

why go looking for the negatives when it’s been blessed by others? i don’t think those who are kind enough to pass u hand-me-downs will have ill intentions. and of coz u will wash them first before letting baby wear. if u r not comfy, as shown by your question here, just get new ones.

TapFluencer

I heard that if the previous baby is fussy or keep falling sick your baby will happen the same thing. It's better to get clothes from someone you know. The meaning of getting these clothes is to hope that baby will grow up healthy.

No need to be superstitious. As long as the conditions is good then is fine. If you r uncomfortable then buy new pcs. Baby tend to grow very fast. No point buying new pcs l. U decide ya..

VIP Member

I heard from my mum if the kid have some issue (crying non stop, always sick, etc) and your baby wear the kids clothes, will have the same issue. not sure true or not

I heard if the other baby kept crying and was fussy when wearing the clothes and pass to your baby, then your baby will keep crying and be fussy also.

VIP Member

I heard if the kid was easy to take of, and your bb wears that kid's hand-me-downs, your bb will be easy to take care of. And vice versa.

Only thing I heard about 2nd hand clothes is it's good for baby...Easier to take care of.

It's better to take second hand from people you know so you could ask qns if in doubt

VIP Member

I think it's fine as long as they are still in good condition (:

VIP Member

No superstition. Old clothes are softer and comfortable to wear