Hi mums, How do you feel about dressing your LO with hand me downs? do u accept clothes that come from colleagues...or practical strangers? buy 2nd hand? any comments or looks u get frm ur parents or inlaws? how u handle it? share your views...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I love hand me downs. I've had bundles of clothes from relatives and strangers. The money you save can be spent on other things, since babies outgrow their clothes so quickly. Moreover, not all hand me downs are ratty old rags. Most are lightly worn and branded. There are people who buy clothing bundles to save costs. You won't be able to tell the difference between a dress which has been worn once and a brand new dress.

Read more

Love hand me downs as long as they are not in tatters ;) practical strangers maybe not, but definitely welcome from friends, family, colleagues. Especially play clothes. Also have had a couple of gorgeous party dresses that have only been worn one or twice previously....

We're cool with that. In fact, hand me downs fr older kids to the younger ones are common too.

thanks